New accounts on the Cohere platform have limitations in place by default to promote the responsible use of Cohere’s technology. Users can Request Full Access to the platform by filling a form inside the Playground. The form helps us better understand your intended use case, potential risks, and commitment to responsibility. Upon approval, you will have full access to the features listed below. Both levels of access are subject to Cohere’s Usage Guidelines and violation of these guidelines may lead to suspension of service.
Limited access features:
- Access to Cohere’s large language models. This includes generation models and representation models of different sizes.
- Access to Cohere’s Generate, Embed, Similarity, Likelihood, and Choose Best endpoints.
- Ability to interact with the models via the web playground, SDKs, and CLI.
Limited access limitations:
- A total usage quota of 500,000 characters for the Generation endpoint.
- Finetuning is not available.
- The API is subject to rate limits across all endpoints that restrict the number of calls your application can make to the API per minute/day. Full access raises these limits significantly, thus allowing you to use the platform in your production environment.
- Generate: 60 calls / minute. 50,000 calls / day.
- Each of the other endpoints: 500 calls / minute. 100,000 calls / day.
- Limited to testing and experimentation. Not for production usage.
You can apply for full access through a link in the Cohere Playground. The Cohere team will review applications and approve submissions that pass a more comprehensive safety check.
Full access features:
- Finetuning: Create custom models by finetuning Cohere’s language models using your own data.
- Significantly increased API rate limits (i.e. ability to serve in production scenarios).
- Access to all three models
- No characters usage quota on Generation endpoint.